Monday, February 25, 2013

Onward!

It's only Monday and I already know that it's going to be a much better week than last week - which wasn't necessarily bad, just a bit less enjoyable than I expected. I had some oral surgery scheduled for Wednesday morning and my anxiety grew quite a bit in the days leading up to that. It all went well and there's nothing to do but heal and hope for the best once the next phase happens in a few weeks. That gets easier with each passing day. I guess I didn't think I'd actually be as sedentary as I ended up being from Wednesday afternoon on. All is well, I haven't taken a pain pill since Friday and while I'm a bit tired of mashed potatoes and being worried about brushing on the side all the work was done on, I can't complain.

I'm back to the grind of my busy work schedule and joking around the way I feel fortunate to be able to do at my job(s) feels good. That makes me grateful for the humor that flows between my coworkers, my customers and I like that. There's so much to be thankful for, and while I don't think I lost sight of that while I laid on the couch and watched movies and ate ice cream - two things I don't do a lot of mind you, it's nice to get back to normal - mad props to Netflix and Ben & Jerry's for making laying around after a bunch of expensive and painful dental work more tolerable, and yes Vicodin, I am grateful that a dozen of you showed up, but the half a dozen of you that are hanging out waiting to help out are going to be disappointed. (No, they're not for sale...sorry to all the interested parties, and you know who you are!) As far as Netflix and Ben & Jerry's are concerned - both are fine in moderation. 'Nuff said.

Today started out wonderfully - the sun, a breath of fresh air, you know, the kind of breath one can only get in the Winter months, tough to explain other than to just call it a rush of cold, fresh air that just feels awesome, a walk with the dog and hearing the sound of kids playing at recess at the school I live next to  - all of that is a great start to my day. Makes me feel fortunate. Lots of creative stuff to busy my one day off this week - changes for this blog, writing, practicing, trying to figure out a way to help a coworker whose girlfriend is undergoing treatment for cancer...I'm a bit consumed by the thought of how such treatment in itself is plenty to worry about and how life doesn't give those who are dealing with cancer, or any other illness, a break from the multitude of other concerns and responsibilities we have as adults. Maybe it's time I put some thought into helping someone who is dealing with something so unfair - all I know is the last time I did so, people came together and we got some great results.

It's going to be a great week - no matter what, I can just feel it. I feel fortunate, optimistic and very, very grateful! Bring it, Monday! I'm more than ready for you - I keep thinking of my boss telling me that I have two good jobs. He's right - I do, and I'm grateful for them both, along with working with some amazing people and around incredible food and a ton of laughs. There you have it, blah, blah, blah...gotta run, I'm making lunch and a new hot sauce recipe that looks like it's going to be awesome - calls for a roasted onion and four of the hottest peppers known to man. The notes say that the sweetness of the onion balances out nicely with the heat of the peppers - I'll let you know! Have a great Monday everyone!

No comments: